Hello! Our next round of auditions in coming up in September for our 2017/18 season. Please fill out the audition submission form below and we'll get in touch when we begin scheduling.
While Forte - Toronto Gay Men's Chorus is an auditioned choir, we're always looking to add to our family! The men of Forte come from a wide variety of musical experiences and abilities. Together we aspire to a high level of musical excellence through an environment of brotherhood and support. So, no matter your experience, all we require is that you have a passion for singing, a desire to learn and an openness to grow with us.
Forte is passionately committed to inclusion and, while the majority of us identify as gay men, we want the artistic, supportive space we create to be open to people with a range of identities and believe we are all strengthened, as people and as performers, by the diverse perspectives of our members and audiences.
With that goal in mind we actively look to remove potential barriers to becoming a member of Forte:
- We welcome anyone who is male-identified or with a non-binary gender expression to audition.
- We welcome men of any sexual orientation or experience to audition - our membership has included or includes guys who identify as heterosexual or bisexual.
- We offer a fee reduction program to align your membership dues to your income if requested.
On top of our regular rehearsal schedule, we also hold monthly social events to build camaraderie and give our members more chances to get to know each other outside of rehearsals. We know our performances are strengthened by our group's bond beyond performances and actively aim to evolve together by making new members feel at home and by giving older members chances to share their experience.
Auditions and Rehearsals
During our main season - from September to June - we rehearse every Monday night near Yonge and Bloor in downtown Toronto.
We hold auditions each September and January. At your audition you'll have an informal meeting with our Artistic Director and Membership Director. We'll also ask you:
- to perform one song of your choosing, any genre, to be performed a cappella.
- to possibly perform a song sent by us to have ready - you'll be informed of this when your audition is confirmed.
- to run through some vocal exercises to get a better sense of your voice and reading ability.
Fill out the form below to be added to our audition list and we'll be in touch when our next round is being scheduled. We can't wait to meet you!